So there I was, reading "The Taming of the Shrew", when I looked in the very back of the book and found a list of classic literature. It got me thinking about how few people ever read as much classic literature as they can in their lives. So I decided I would try it myself. My intention is to get through all of these classic works and report about them here. So here we go, page one...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"A Raisin in the Sun"

     Written in 1959 by Lorraine Hansberry, A Raisin in the Sun tells the story of the struggles that a black family living in Chicago endures.  It is most popular for being the first play to be performed on Broadway that was written by a black woman and directed by a black man.
     A Raisin in the Sun goes in-depth to unearth the types of problems and issues that a black family suffers in a world where it is a privilege to be white.  It is all about their attempt to move away from the slums of Chicago to a nice suburb where they can live a much happier and healthier life.  It's a great read good for anyone who cares about the justices of man.


I give it 4 out of 5 Wildes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers